WeTraq, Inc (“WeTraq”, “GuardIO””we”, “our”, or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
WeTraq operates a service that allows you to speak to and share your location with other users in your family or friendship group (your “Family” or “Circle”), which we make available through our apps and our website https://www.WeTraq.ca (the “Service”). GuardIO is an app developed and owned by WeTraq Inc.
1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
Safety is a paramount concern for children and seniors, especially those prone to wandering. Caregivers and family members caring for someone who is vulnerable and prone to elopement or wandering, such as those with Autism or Alzheimer’s, live with this fear of safety & well-being on a daily basis.
So it’s only natural that you would want to know how we use the data you provide to us. We get that, so we have outlined how we use your data below. We collect the following types of information about you:
Registration and Profile Information. When you create an account, we may collect your personal information such as your username, first and last name, email address, mobile phone number and a photo, if you chose to have a photo associated with your account. If you want to add a family member’s name to your account, we collect the family member’s name, email address, and mobile phone number. We may also collect billing information when you sign up for Premium service.
Data collected through use of the Service. After you set up your account, we may ask for other profile and demographic information, such as personal emergency instructions and information, and nickname. You may also customize your map by labelling locations, such as “work” and “home,” to make it easy to spot your favorite Places and to provide alerts when family members leave and arrive.
Geolocation. We collect your location information through your device IP address, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude/longitude) available through your mobile device. We may also gather information about your location using other technologies and sensors which may provide us with information about nearby devices, WiFi access points and networks, and nearby cell towers. We collect and maintain location data to provide you with the features and functionality of the Service. We may also share location information with third parties for advertising, research, analytic and other purposes. If you want to opt-out of the collection of your location data, please adjust your settings in your mobile device to limit the app’s access to your location data. Please see “Your Choices About Your Information” below to learn more.
Driving Event Data. We collect and may use a third-party partner to collect, sensory and motion data from your smartphone or mobile device or OBD II device or WeTraq device, including information from the gyroscope, accelerometer, compass and Bluetooth, in order to calculate and detect driving events such as speeding, hard braking, crash detection and other events. Your mobile device provider may refer to this information as “Motion and Fitness” data (description may vary according to device and platform). We may also share this information with third-party partners for marketing, research, analytic and other purposes. If you want to opt-out of the collection of your sensory and motion, please adjust your settings in your mobile device to limit the app’s access to your sensory and motion data. Please see “Your Choices About Your Information” below to learn more.
Messages and User Content. We collect information when you message other members of your family through the use of the service. We may also retain any messages you send to us.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service and to communicate directly with you, such as to send you alerts on the movements of your family members, crime alerts in your neighbourhood, etc.
Social Media. When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you Like us on Facebook or post a comment to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, the user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to WeTraq’s website or Service.
Information we collect automatically through the use of technology. When you visit our website, use our mobile app, read our emails or otherwise engage with us, we and our business partners may automatically collect certain information about your computer or device through a variety of tracks technologies, including cookies, web beacons, log files, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, or other tracking/recording tools (collectively, “tracking technologies”), and we may combine this information with other personal information we collect about you. We use these tracking technologies to collect usage and device information, such as:
- Information about how you access the Service, for example, referral/exit
pages, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or
Click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from
multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Service.
- Information about how you use the Service, for example, the features you
use, the links you click, the ads you view and click on, purchase transaction
information, your location when you access or interact with our Service, and other similar actions.
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or another device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/ model/ manufacturer, operating system, phone number, mobile carrier, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, for example, a UDID, IDFA, Google Ad ID, Windows Advertising ID or other persistent device identifier or Ad ID), battery life, and other such information. With your permission, we may also access your photo or camera roll.
We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use this information to (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (iii) track your location and movements; (iv) identify and contact you across multiple devices; (v) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service and our marketing campaigns; (vi) monitor aggregate metrics such as a total number of visitors, users, traffic, and demographic patterns; (vii) diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses or User IDs, and (viii) detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities; (xi) automatically update our mobile application on your system and related devices; and (x) otherwise plan for and enhance our Service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (I) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. These browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on non-cookie technologies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it. Although we do our best to honour the privacy preferences of our Users, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
We and our third-party partners may also use information collected through tracking technologies for advertising purposes. Please see “Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising” below to learn more.
2. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Information: We share your personal information with third parties outside the Company and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates in some circumstances, as follows:
- We share your personal information, including name, email, location and driving event data, with others within your WeTraq Family and other WeTraq circles.
- We may share your personal information, including your precise location data, driving sensor data, unique identifiers or AD IDs and other data with third parties for their marketing and business purposes, including without limitation, to inform and improve third-party advertising or for marketing, research and attribution purposes. These third-party partners may use this information according to their own privacy policies. Please see “Your Choices About Your Information” to learn how you may be able to limit some third-party data sharing.
- WeTraq provides driving analytics behaviour services such as driving event history. WeTraq may also use this information to calculate discounts, rewards or pricing offers by third parties such as insurance companies, and to perform various profiling activities in order to produce a score which may predict the level of driver riskiness, and to develop its risk predictive models for its own analytics purposes. You hereby acknowledge and consent to the collection and use of your data and information by WeTraq as set out in this policy.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily post to the website or to our The Facebook page will automatically be available to the public. We may publicly post your reviews and comments online on our website or mobile app, or link your reviews to third party websites.
Other instances in which we may share your information: We may also share your information for business purposes, as follows:
- We may share your personal information with our third-party business partners, vendors and consultants who perform services on our behalf or who help us provide our Services, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing or analytic services.
- We may at any time buy or sell/divest the company, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses and other user information related to the Service will likely be one of the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also share, transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings.
De-Identified Information: We share your information with third parties in a form that does not reasonably identify you directly. These third parties may use de-identified information for any purpose.
3. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
WeTraq cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
4. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You may, of course, decline to submit any personal information through the Service, in which case WeTraq may not be able to provide its Services to you. Modifying Your Account Information and Settings: You may modify your account information, update or amend your personal information, or change your password at any time by logging in to your account. If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at support@WeTraq.ca.
Delete Your Account and Personal Information: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, please contact us at support@WeTraq.ca
Emails and Notifications: You can control your receipt of the email and text alerts by visiting “Settings” and “Alert Options” within the mobile app. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. We may also send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, parental consent notification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt-out of Service-related e-mails.
Third-Party Tracking and Advertising: We may share, or we may permit third-party ad networks, social media companies, and other third-party services to collect, information about your use of our Services over time, including location information, so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites, apps or services, or on other browsers or devices you may use, including computers, mobile devices, and Smart TVs. We may also display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others. These third-party ad partners may collect information such as click stream information, timestamp, hashed email address, device ID or AdID, your use of third-party applications and/or precise geolocation data and other information, and may combine this information with information they collect directly through cookies or that they receive other partners, both online and offline, so that they may recognize you across other browsers or devices you use, including computers, mobile devices and Smart TVs. We and our advertising partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
To opt-out or control third-party tracking and advertising:
- Interest-based advertising. To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices. You may also manage certain advertising cookies by visiting the EU-based Your Online Choices at www.youronlinechoices.eu.
- Mobile advertising. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
- Cross-device linking. Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use.
- Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you will need to opt-out again.
- Google Analytics and Advertising. We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Doubleclick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Third-Party Location Sharing: We collect location data to provide the WeTraq Services, and may share your personal information, including location data, with other WeTraq users in your Family Circle or other Circle you belong to, and with third parties for advertising or other purposes.
- Limit location sharing with your Circle. You may turn location sharing “OFF” for one or more of your Circles through your App settings. If you turn off location sharing in one or more of your circles, we will not share your location with such circles; however, we will continue to collect your location information in order to provide the Service (for example, to provide our emergency services, to share your location with the other circles, or to provide location-based advertising). Note: if you press “Check-In” or “Help Alert” in the App, your location will update in every Circle even if location sharing is turned off for one or more of your Circles.
- Limit location collection and sharing. You can opt-out of future sharing of your precise location data with our third-party partners by adjusting your settings on your mobile device to prohibit WeTraq from collecting your location data. For example, depending on your mobile device, you may be able to “Turn location services ‘off.’ You can also adjust your device settings to withdraw permission for the WeTraq app to access location data. We and our third-party partners may continue to approximate your location based on other data. Please note that your WeTraq app may not be able to provide all of our Services to you if you disable access to location data through your device settings.
- Driving Event and Movement Data: We collect driving event and movement data (such as accelerometer data, magnetometer data, gyro data, etc.) from your mobile device, WeTraq devices in order to identify driving event and behaviours and provide certain functionality of the Services. We may share your personal information, including driving event and movement data, with third parties for advertising and other purposes.
- Limit driving event and movement collection and sharing. You can opt-out of future sharing of your driving event and movement data with our third-party partners by adjusting your settings on your mobile device to prohibit WeTraq from collecting your speed and movement data. For example, depending on your mobile device, you may be able to withdraw permission for the WeTraq app to access motion data (depending on the device type, this may be called “Fitness and Motion” data). Please note that your WeTraq app may not be able to provide all of our Services to you if you disable access to motion and movement data through your device settings.
- Limit device movement data sharing with other third parties. To continue to permit WeTraq to access your device movement data but to opt-out of future sharing of this movement with other third parties, you can “opt-out of sharing movement data” by clicking the www.WeTraq.ca/opt-out. Please note that WeTraq may not be able to provide all of our Services to you if you opt-out of sharing motion data with other parties.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Service allows parents to keep track of their children’s location on mobile devices that the Parent has added to the Family account. The Service is intended to be used by children under 13 only with significant parental involvement and approval.
The Parent may contact us to review and/or delete any personal information we have collected from the child, or to withdraw permission for WeTraq to collect any additional information from the child. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your child’s account.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
There are many benefits to using GuardIO – whether you are a parent, a Senior or a Caregiver.
GuardiO is complete safety kit for your family.